In 2016 Nyasha Musandu, Training Unit Manager for CommsConsult, was commissioned by INASP to run a policy brief workshop for the Department of Research Services at the Parliament of Uganda and the Uganda National Academy of Sciences.

The workshop was well received and developed into a second workshop which included a ‘Write Shop,’ enabling participants to hone their writing skills and adhere more strategically to the report writing template for the department. As well as delivering the workshop, CommsConsult designed the report templates and provided editorial support after completion of the write shop.

Participants at the workshop felt the training had improved their policy brief writing and science communications skills, with 55% agreeing it had improved their writing skills and the remaining 45% agreeing it had improved their skills a lot.

  • Project Type: Training Workshop
  • Lead Unit: Training
  • Client: INASP
  • Location: Uganda